Friday, September 02, 2011

~~ Black Cat ~~

Down that open road, I go, I go
to some forward thinking mode
a feeling inside the chest, the heart
cradled by my living breath

A scent among the breeze
autumn comes at a distant speed
I turned back to look for you
but once again I've already gone

If it wasn't for this depth
a sense of anchor, purpose, and yet
a sadist view of self importance
a notion that I am

Maybe I would stay, perhaps
or maybe I would dance away
as I always seem to do
when I wish to stay awhile with you

Destiny meets with free will's call
I made the choice, I've made them all
it's a crucifix to be like me
sadly, its exactly how I like to be

I'm not good for anyone, anyway
because good is a sad comfort
boring, normal, a thousand faces sleeping
you can take whats good and shove it

My delight is in transcendence
so for now, ta ta
I have to go adventuring, learning
so when I cross your path again

you'll recognize a black cat when you see it

No comments:

Post a Comment